Friday, October 31, 2014

Charity Pot



I've made a commitment to only mention specific companies, organizations and/or products on this blog that I stand by 100%. Lush is one of those companies, and Charity Pot is definitely one of those products. If you're not familiar with Lush: Basically, they're a company that sells fresh handmade cosmetics (as their slogan says). But Lush is so much more than that. There's a lot that goes into their products that even the people who frequently shop there aren't fully aware of.






The packaging itself is reason enough for me to shop at Lush. There aren't many altruistic companies out there that make it a priority to go green. Using reusable, recyclable and/or biodegradable packaging is one of Lush's policies, which is something I definitely appreciate. Another thing worth recognizing is their benevolent use of fair trade ingredients, and on top of that they've started the SLush Fund that has helped start sustainable farming and community projects which have produced some of the ingredients for the Charity Pot.

When you buy a pot of this, 100% of the proceeds (minus tax) go to to small, grassroots organizations working in the areas of environmental conservation, animal welfare and human rights.

Since launching their Charity Pot program in 2007, they've donated more than $5,800,000 to over 600 grassroots charities in 35 countries.



Now, for my take on the lotion itself:

This stuff smells amazing. They recently changed up the formula and I have seen some mixed reviews, but I personally love the way it is now. It has a warm, rich, creamy vanilla scent. I find myself sniffing my skin throughout the day, and the scent does last all day. The only thing I'm not too fond of is the residue it leaves on my hands after applying it all over my body. Otherwise, I don't mind the heavy consistency 'cause it leaves my skin feeling extremely moisturized. This stuff is self-preserving—meaning free of any artificial preservatives—and a little goes a long way, so even a small pot of this will last me quite a while!

Overall, Charity Pot is definitely something that I'll continue to purchase and use for as long as I can. Help save the world, one lotion at a time!



- IM