Monday, August 18, 2014

Aloe Vera: Nature's Tonic


During the summer, my skin almost always ends up sweaty and grimy and not at all comfortable by the end of the day. Especially after a workout. I've thought about using toners/astringents, but the last time I used those the alcohol in them completely dried out my skin. And my skin is quite oily.

Thank Mother Earth for aloe vera!




Aloe vera is well known for healing minor wounds and soothing sunburns. I mean, there are tons of uses for this stuff. I had a few growing around the garden that needed pruning, so I did some research and experimenting and I found my very own use for it. It's pure, inexpensive, easy to care for, and best of all: a great, organic head-to-toe skin toner.

Rubbing this directly onto my skin at the end of the day not only helps cool me off, but the anti-microbial properties of it clean my pores as well. I don't have to reach for a facial cleanser or anything additional. This also helps moisturize my skin without leaving a greasy residue. Always a plus for oily skin!











- IM